In the press today was a story about the Tuolumne County Supervisors who have taken a postion that 600 permits should be allowed on Half Dome. See <HERE>.
Wanna see why your odds of getting a Half Dome permit for a Saturday are going to be astronomical? Open this park summary of the number of applications so far. Remember, only 300 hikers per day will be drawn. Yikes! Click <HERE>.
Action: Get the Half Dome Stewardship Plan and read it. 132 pages of love and angst. Then send in your comments by March 15 using this form. This is what they are looking for. Not rants, but specifics in these areas:
- Identify incomplete or incorrect information.
- Offer reasons why a particular alternative or plan element would or would not work.
- Offer a reasonable, new plan element or completely new alternative that could help accomplish the stated goals.
- Point out discrepancies between legal mandates and proposals.
- Highlight deficiencies in the analysis of environmental consequences.
- Provide information on how you use the park and how particular proposals in the planning document would affect that use.
Need a Half Dome TShirt? Check the STORE.
Unrelated thought worth quoting: “It’s all part of my rock ‘n’ roll fantasy. It’s all part of my rock ‘n’ roll dream.” – Bad Company
*MrHalfDome™ – Rick Deutsch – www.HikeHalfDome.com