This one is real important. You may want to print it out. You must confirm your Half Dome permits that you got NLT May 20 – just a few weeks away or they will be cancelled and put into the 2-day mini lottery. If you are not aware, you may be surprised. I hope all 40,000 people read this reminder (fat chance). OK . . here is the process.
- Sign into your account at www.Recreation.gov
- Click on the ‘Log-In’ link.
- Click on the Lottery Applications menu item from the left navigation bar.
- Review your lottery application by clicking ‘See Details’.
- If successful, review the Awarded entry date. If you want to keep your reservation, press the ‘Accept’ button.
- Confirm the Acceptance message.
- You will be directed to the Permit Order Details page to complete/verify the required information. Completing the required information and confirming the changes will generate a confirmed reservation under your name in the system.
- Complete the processes and prompts to secure your Permit
NOTE: The charge of $8.00/per person permit fee must be paid in advance (during this process).
- Once you have successfully accepted your awarded permit, a confirmation letter from www.Recreation.gov will be emailed to you.
- Once you have accepted your awarded permit, the system will allow you to print your permit. The details on “How to print your permit” will be given in the confirmation letter. Once your permit is printed no further changes can be made to your reservation and you will no long be eligible for a refund.
- If you wish to Decline your awarded reservation, please click on the Decline button or you can contact Recreation.gov at 1-888-448-1474. Accepting reservations prior to May20th is very important.
Unrelated thought worth quoting: “She’s got a ticket to ride, But she don’t care. -The Beatles
MrHalfDome™ – Rick Deutsch – www.HikeHalfDome.com